Re: [OT] For UK residents only - "Unlimited" broadband

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
On Tuesday 10 April 2007 15:53:59 Alan Cox wrote:
Not likely to happen, this is wider than ISPs, it's about the ASA and
its allowing of AUPs on "unlimited" services, I know mobile phone
operators do the same, "Unlimited" texts usually means about 3000 a
month...
3000 texts a month??? Is that not enough?
You've never tried running IP over SMS messages then. Which it must be
admitted may be one of the reasons for the 3000 message cap appearing....

Maybe I misunderstand you, but, apart from that (supposing you have some kind of monitoring system such as pandora or nagios which send sms messages when an alert is fire, for example), 3000 is a huge amount of texts. I'm sure I'd not be able to exceed it anyways...

I scoff in your general direction (humor intended) my 16 yo daughter coughed up that many in a week. Trust me, 3000 isn't all that much. :)

--
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator