Re: 'Best Practices' for downloads ??

On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 14:19 -0400, linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Lets see if I have this.  What they mean by the
>
> ...the corresponding subsystem... is the three directories
> listed below from the documentation.
>
> Directory       Description
> home    User home directories (optional)
> lib<qual>       Alternate format essential shared libraries (optional)
> root    Home directory for the root user (optional)

If you're asking if they're "optional", then yes.  They only need to be
there, if you need them.  They don't have to be there just for the sake
of it.

You can have a system without users (including the root user, though
that may make things difficult).  You don't need that special lib
directory, the normal lib files are placed elsewhere.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.