Re: Skype solution

On 07/04/07, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 07 April 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>On 04/01/07, Fernando Apesteguía <fernando.apesteguia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Fri December 29 2006 7:27 pm, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>> I remember a relatively recent thread in which folks
>> complained about having trouble getting their microphones to
>> work in Skype with FC6, but I don't recall a definitive
>> solution being posted. It took me quite a bit of fiddling,
>> but I finally got it.
>>
>> Sorry, it didn't work for me. I'm still trying to find the solution or
>> at least the pattern for this behaviour, but not success for now.
>
>Does anybody know how to configure this beast in KDE? I cannot for the
>life of me to get the mic to work, and I've been playing with Kmix for
>over an hour now.
>
>Dotan Cohen
>
>http://what-is-what.com/what_is/voip.html
>http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/49/16/ac-dc/ballbreaker.html

You will want to set the record source to the mic, but its not turned on
in the play screen, and you'll probably need the +20 db switch enabled in
the mic channel.

No, that didn't work for me. Not before, and not now that I'm trying
it again. And I'm fairly sure that the hardware is fine because Skype
worked under Kubuntu a few weeks ago.

Dotan Cohen

http://dotancohen.com/eng/taylor-sine.php
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/website.html