Re: Need (apt and synaptic)

On 4/7/07, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nigel Henry <cave.dnb <at> tiscali.fr> writes:
> impossible to get some updates, OO for example. Wanting music apps I found
> planet ccrma which was using apt, and havn't looked back. Since FC5 Fernando
> at planetccrma has moved to using Yum, which is a bit annoying, so now on FC5
> I do the system updates with apt-get, and have to use Yum for planetccrma
> stuff, but anythings better than that Red Hat update thing. Yukk.

apt-rpm actually supports yum repomd repositories now. If you look closer at
the default sources.list.d entries, you'll notice that they're all repomd
repositories. You just have to add a line to sources.list or to a new file in
sources.list.d for planetccrma to get it to work with current apt-rpm.

        Kevin Kofler

Get a head start by installing from Extras fedora-package-config-apt or
fedora-package-config-smart.

These should have been pulled in if you got apt or smart from Extras.