Re: system-config-network as non-root

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 22:11 +0200, François Patte wrote:
> I'd like to know if there is a way to allow non root user to use
> "system-config-network". On a laptop it is quite boring to always
> become root if you want to use lan interface, wifi interface or ppp
> interface....

Don't know about with wireless, but there are various GUIs for letting
users bring some interfaces up and down, as well as command line tools.
In Gnome, you can edit the main menus, and find "network device control"
in the system tools section.  There's also a modem lights panel applet
that lets you bring ppp up and down from the taskbar.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.