Please help: yum and bi-arch installation problem On fedora core

Hi,

 we found a problem when using yum to install/upgrade
packages on x86_64 platform, potentially for PPC and
other platforms as well. The problem is: when yum
installs a package, it installs .i386 version package
as well.

 The problem is not a issue when running yum
interactively, since we can always put a .<archName>'
to the package to filter out .i386 version. But it
poses a big problem for automatic yum operations with
comps.xml.

 In default and custom/own comps.xml, only packages'
names are allowed to be included, no
version/release/arch information can be coded in. So,
when using yum to install/upgrade system. annoying
i386 version packages are installed unintentionally.

 Any one know an solution to this annoying issue?
Thanks.

 Have a great weekend.

It's here! Your new message!