Re: view function of bind 9

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 15:07 +0800, edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Would you mind to help as the following ?
>
> For view and ( master / salve ) problem...
> How to config the DNS as the following :
> 1, Transfer Master Internal Zone file to Salve Internal Zone.
> 2, Transfer Master External Zone file to Salve External Zone.

Umm, why would you be doing this?  You hold DNS records as either a
master or a slave, not both.  And you can't have a slave server without
a master server.

If you're simply changing a previously configured master server over to
being a slave server of another master, you change your named config
files so the "files" part for those zones are now a slave instead of a
master type, you specify a filename with "slaves/" in front of it, and
you specify the address for the master server(s).  The slave server will
fetch the zone records (the zone file) from the master server itself,
and you can delete the previous master zone files from this server.

e.g. You'd change something like:

zone "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file  "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa.zone";
};

Over to something like:

zone "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
        type slave;
        file  "slaves/1.168.192.in-addr.arpa.zone";
        masters { 192.168.1.2; };
};

But it does sound like you're mixing things up in ways that you
shouldn't.

> PS: Due to the domain_name is the same as Internal / External !

I don't see how "due" is an appropriate word in that sentence.  Of
course the domain name is the same, inside and out, if you're using
views.  That's the point of views.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.