Re: sounds stopped suddenly?

On 4/4/07, Mark Haney <mhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Phil wrote:
> So my sound does not work... I am using FC6.
> It used to work fine.
>
> Is there a way to reinstall all the sound related stuff? How do I do that?
> Any suggestions?

Okay, this isn't a ton of info to go on.  Have you changed anything on
the system?  Have you checked the speaker wires?  Are they all plugged
in?  Have you rebooted the machine?  What does syslog say?  What does
dmesg say?

When you click on the Volume Control Applet in Gnome do you get the
message that no soundcard was detected or that the no module was
found? If so check the list archive because the problem has been
discussed over the last 2-3 weeks.

Mark Haney