Re: querying rpm database for installed packages signed with specific gpg key or from specific vendor?

Gabriel M. Elder wrote:
> Anybody know of a way, using package management tools (or
> otherwise), to query an rpm database for a list of all installed
> packages from a specified vendor and/or matching a given gpg key?
> For instance, i want a list of all freshrpms packages that i
> currently have installed. I figure the simplest way to find out is
> to (politely) ask the rpm database for a list of all installed
> packages from this vendor, and/or signed with that gpg key.

You can do either or both with rpm (and a little help from grep.  I
have FreshRPMS on an old FC4 box and it looks to me like all of
Mattias' packages have a proper vendor tag which would seem like the
easiest way to query for them.

Get a list of FreshRPMS.net packages:

$ rpm -qa --qf '%{vendor}:%{name}\n' | grep 'Freshrpms\.net' | cut -d: -f2-

Getting the signature requires a little more voodoo if you want to be
sure to get both RSA and DSA signs made with either gpg or pgp, but it
can be done.  Here's something I stole from a post on fedora-extras
list[1]:

$ rpm -qa --qf '%{name}\t%|DSAHEADER?{%{DSAHEADER:pgpsig}}:{%|RSAHEADER?{%{RSAHEADER:pgpsig}}:{%|SIGGPG?{%{SIGGPG:pgpsig}}:{%|SIGPGP?{%{SIGPGP:pgpsig}}:{(none)}|}|}|}|\n' | grep e42d547b

That's not really the most user friendly thing in the world, but you
can probably bend it into a shape can use.  The popt alias used in the
fedora-extras-list post offers some nice possibilities.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-December/msg00659.html

HTH,

In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.