Updating mplayer and possible rolling back

I recently had a nice hard two-day battle getting mplayer functioning
correctly by mixing and matching repos. Yum desperatly wants to update
my freshrpms mplayer installation with new packages from livna, that
had failed me in the past. So I'm updating the system with
"--exclude=mplayer*" to preserve my installation.

Is there a way that I can _try_ the new livna packages and rollback if
they don't work? I don't want to go through the repo soup again, yet
the freshrpms mplayer does not seem to be capable of fullscreen
playback (I may need to install a quartz video output driver). How
does one configure 'rollback' points?

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/computer.html