Re: Nameserver Problem [more] -

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 17:58 -0400, Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:

The next question is how to insert the zone files into lan.conf?

The ones I used were the ones that frequently annoyed me.  I never tried
to kill off *all* adverts, that's an endless game.  I just picked on
ones that kept on being a pain (e.g. flash or pop-up adverts, and ones
that took ages to load and held everything else back while they did, on
websites that I regularly used), I've only got about twenty of them on
my list.  Any website that acts in such inconsiderate ways towards their
viewers deserves the punishment of lost revenue.

Thanks for the help, we're about twelve hours apart and it's early morning here but this will give me something to work on today.

I have one site where the news is listed conveniently and I can read what I want from that list but have to suffer a couple of minutes of waiting for it to download ads from the same group of sources for each item.  I object to the wasted time, not the ads which I never see anyway.  So I will probably be happy with less than twenty addresses listed, if I can make this approach work.  It's worth a shot.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin