Re: view function of Bind 9

edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Is your server the official public server for a registered domain name?
  If not, you just want to provide only the private addresses for the
names even though you configure the server to be primary for the zone.
Some other server (or service) may be providing public dns with the
names of any machine you want to be available from the internet and the
corresponding public addresses.  Even though named can do both at once I
find it easier to run it on different machines and point local clients
at the one with the private addresses.

Yes, the domain name is registered...
So, how can I config the DNS ?

I have always pointed the public registration at a different server than the one used by internal machines behind the NAT so I can't help with configuring views on a single server, although I believe it is supposed to be supported. These directions might work:
http://www.openaddict.com/bind9_views_for_dns_zones.html

Some other responses have mentioned letting the NAT router do it for you by adjusting the address on responses to outside queries. Some routers do have that capability (I think the Cisco PIX is one), but not all can do it and the configuration would be specific to the type.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx