Re: view function of Bind 9

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 22:13 +0800, edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

If all of service ( include Firewall ) in the same server, and the
server use Private IP and connection with Router / HUB...
Then use the NAT ( iptable function ) to transfer the IP Address (
Public <-> Private )...
So, is there need to define an external area ( public ip network ) of
DNS for other client ( Internet ) ?
If need, is there an simple sample for reference ?

I really can't understand what you're asking, just making a wild guess
if you're asking whether you need to use views if your server is part
public and part private.  If that's the case, no.

I have a private LAN that's all one subnet behind a NAT modem/router.
It has a DNS server which resolves local address for local machines, and
it also acts as the DNS server for those machines to query for internet
addresses.  Any machine that can access it will get the same answers for
queries.  It's not publically accessible, though.

Hello,

Sorry, due to the Router can't to be enabled the firewall function, so we can to enable the firewall function by using linux only...
So, how to config the DNS and the NAT function ?

Edward.