Re: g++ c++ compiler

Tony Crouch writes:

Hi All, A definite newbie question here ...

I was so desperate to install FC6 I couldn't wait to download all the
install discs (I was still on dial-up at that stage) so I only
downloaded and burnt to CD the absolutely necessary CDs.

Of course, I wasn't able to install the g++ c++ compiler. I have for the
last little bit been trying to download and install it using yum, but
haven't had any success.

I was wondering if someone could help me find out where in which
repository it is stored.

Why, it's in the Fedora Core repository, of course.

As long as you did not mess up the default configuration, all you have to do is:

yum install gcc-c++ libstdc++-devel