Re: problem with starting beryl

On 3/30/07, Charles Li <cli168@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I have installed beryl 0.21, on fc6.  When I try to
start beryl, it does some check and then logs me out
of the session, and I have to sign on again.  Beryl
was not started.  I believe I saw some error, before
the session terminated, I did not get a chance to see
the error.  How do I see what error is causing the
beryl to fail?  I use redirect the command to a log
file, but it did not show the error.  Please help.

Thanks.

What video card do you have? (run lspci as root if unsure)

What driver are you using? (look in xorg.conf to find out - "Driver" section)

Do you have direct rendering? ('glxinfo | grep -i direct' to find out)

Chris