Re: Kernel Panic Error

On 3/29/07, Tony Crouch <acrouch2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
The error message occurs at the "starting udev" boot phase:

Kernel Panic - Not syncing: Out of memory and no killable processes ...

Try removing "quiet" from the boot prameters in grub - see if you get
any further info.

I am guessing I will need the FC6 recovery CD which I am downloading as I
type this email.

Boot from either the rescue CD or the FC6 CD #1 and enter 'memtest' at
the prompt - you'll need to run it for hours at least (maybe
overnight) if you hope to spot a problem with your RAM.

I stumbled across this fairly old thread:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2004-December/msg00091.html
Perhaps your disk/LVM isn't a happy camper.

Best od luck,
Chris