Errors on the REDHAT metadata

While running "yum whatprovides" I received the following errors:
00:30
http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/fedora.redhat/linux/extras/6/i386/repodata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
Trying other mirror.
filelists.xml.gz          100% |=========================| 3.5 MB
00:27
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/extras/6/i386/repodata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
filelists.xml.gz          100% |=========================| 3.5 MB
00:26
http://redhat.download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/repodata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
filelists.xml.gz          100% |=========================| 3.5 MB
00:23
ftp://mirror.newnanutilities.org/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/repodata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
filelists.xml.gz          100% |=========================|  48 kB
00:34
http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/repodata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
So I am wondering if I am the only one, or is there some problem with
the fedora files.  The messages most disturbing are the checksum errors,
meaning that the data was not transfered correctly.  This could be
issues with my DSL service or is there a problem that others are seeing
as well?

Regards,
Les Howell