Re: I can't get Opera to show videos on websites

Is Opera not that widely used by the fedora community?

On 3/16/07, Jongi <jongitech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

FC6 i686/x86_64 and Opera 9.10.521 Iie tried on both 32 and 64 bit installs)

I have been trying to get Opera to play videos from sites without any joy. I first installed mplayer-plugin and I could get the videos working in FF but not Opera. I then went to the Opera site ( http://www.opera.com/linux/docs/plugins/install/ ) where I saw that I need to get the source for mplayer and a package called gecko-sdk. I have searched high and low for this gecko-sdk and as yet have had no luck in finding it.

Has anyone been able to find this gecko-sdk? Has anyone got sites with video to work?

Can anyone get the video on these sites to work?

http://www.football365.com/

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thesimpsonsmovie/trailer1_small.html

If they work for you could you be kind enough to provide a step by step process of how you went about it.

Thanks.

Jongi