Re: Linux doesn't boot after installation

Joshua Jones wrote:
I installed FC6 today and did not have any problems during the installation. However, once it was installed it will not boot. It brings up the screen where it starts to bring up the different services. Then X Starts as I can see the mouse cursor for about 1 second then the screen goes blank and the key board is useless. Any help is appreciated thanks Joshua Jones
Check the weather nationwide with MSN Search Try it now! <http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=weather&FORM=WLMTAG>

Since you have an older Nvidia video card, you might need to use the binary only driver for the legacy version driver from a repo that contains it.

If you need to get X up so you can use the GUI, you will need to edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and replace the "nv" with "vesa" which should give you video enough to run X.

After you set up the repo, you might need to run the below. Look in the archives for different repos which supply the driver.
yum install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-legacy.i386

Jim