Re: Minicom cant get info from /dev/ttyS0 and ttyS1

Erik Grootjans wrote:
> Thanks
>
> But i m only in the first stage --> configuring as root
> and at this moment even that does not work.
> (as root im owner of the device - so rights must not be a problem, i
> guess
>
> The next step is then to get it working as an user.
>
> Erik

Dumb question - did you clear out the modem init string and set
"Modem has DCD line" to no? You can use the -o option when starting
minicom to skip the modem initialization.

I normally set up one profile with empty modem strings, and DCD
turned off for uses like this.

Mikkel

P.S. - Please do not top post.