Re: Beryl crashes with segfault in FC6

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, alan wrote:

I am using beryl from the Extras repository.

It was working up until the 0.2 betas with my current drivers and xconfig. Now it just segfaults on launch. (After displaying a bunch of tests that all pass.)

I am using the commercial NVIDIA driver version 9631. (The last one supporting my chipset.)

Any ideas? Since it is a laptop, I cannot just "replace the card" and the nv open source driver will not run Beryl at all.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?

I did a bit more research on this (which I should have done before posting).

Yes there is a problem. It is not just Fedora. It is a bug in Beryl and is fixed in later code.

http://forum.beryl-project.org/viewtopic.php?t=2564

has info on the problem and the point where it gets fixed.

Any possibility of an update?

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                  - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark