Re: installation via internet

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 17:42 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:

> > Don't know that a net install is possible with respins though.
>
> Why not? The re-spins are structured the same as the regular FC
> distributions. I have had no problem with doing a NFS install using
> the Fedora Unity .iso off my server.

Because a net install needs a package source, and unless they have set
up the equivalent to what mirrors have for FC6 network install, it won't
find the packages as it will look in core and not updates (and if it
does look in updates, some of the packages have changed since then and
are no longer there).

By doing an NFS install, you are providing that for yourself. But I
don't think any of the mirrors provide ability for the respin net
install.