Re: Can you click on a desktop icon and play a .wav as well as starting the app?

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 23:43 +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> The question is as in the subject line.

Write everything in the message, even if that means duplicating the
subject line.  On some clients the subject line is displayed quite some
way away from the where the message is.  This approach is one step away
from "see my other message for details".

> Is it possible to set more than one command on a desktop launcher? For
> example, you have a music app and want to play a few bars of music as
> the app is launching when you click on the icon.

This thread made me have another look at the Gnome sound preferences,
thinking that it'd have an option for a general sound to be played when
launching an application, but it doesn't.  Also, many of the options it
provides do nothing (select check box, choose menu item, etc.).  The
sound files it wants to use are there, the test play feature works.  I
hadn't noticed this problem with FC6 before, I usually leave such
annoyances off.  They do work on either FC4 or FC5, I can't remember
which, at the moment.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.