webcams and gspca

I have managed to get my webcam - a Logitech model - working using the
gspca drivers from http://mxhaard.free.fr/ . However, everytime there is a
new kernel available I have to recompile it. Is it available on a repo like
Livna have done with the nVidia drivers and kmod-nvidia.

Secondly, even though I can view the output of the webcam in the
configuration window in Kopete, I can't get anyone else to see it and I
can't view anyone else's that are online.

I have read that I may need to change some settings in my router for port
forwarding. Does anyone know if this is true and if so what ports, bearing
in mind that I use MSN on two different computers.