Re: Firefox-2.0.0.3 vs FC6?

Chris Jones wrote:
>> Oh yes, that exists, no problem.  But the repo control directory for smart
>> is both in a different location, its in a different format, so it doesn't
>> appear that I can just move the yum.repos.d file to the smart tree
>> without modifying things in an as yet un-explained to me format.
>>
>> I wasn't saying that the yum.repos.d files were pure unobtainium, but that
>> the corresponding smart formatted files were.
>
> Ahh. I see. I personally have only ever used yum (although I admit playing
> with smart just now has got me interested)
>
> I tested it by removing firefox. 'yum install firefox' correctly wanted to
> bring in FF2 from remi, where as 'smart install firefox' was bring in 1.5
> from fedora.
>
> Isn't smart supposed to be able to handle yum config files ?

No - Smart uses its own format. It also maintains its own table of
enables channels. But you can configure Smart to use the repo
itself. Some repo's, like Livna, provide both Yum and Smart
configuration information. If there is a way to tell Smart to get
channel information from a Yum repo file, I have not found it.

Mikkel