RE: Firewall - system-config-securitylevel

[Peter Lauri - DWS Asia]

Hi,

I finally solved the problem with connecting to the pserver. There were no
problems with the Firewall, it was correctly setup. I used
system-config-securitylevel to admin it, and that admin the iptables file
automatically and then I just "service iptables restart" and it should be
find.

However, the reason why I couldn't connect to the pserver was because xinetd
was not installed. I never checked it, and I find it strange that
/etc/xinetd.d folder exists even if the xinetd daemon is not installed.

I "yum install xinetd" and rebooted the machine and it started to work.

I will write a short "guide to setup cvs on FC6", where can I post that on
redhat site?

www.dwsasia.com - company web site
www.lauri.se - personal web site
www.carbonfree.org.uk - become Carbon Free