How to configure printing on FC6

Hi,

  I want to print a page from Konqueror on a networked HP 1320n Laser
printer.  That kind of printer has its own server and responds to a IP
address.  It does not need any other computer to function properly.

  Now in FC6 I use the KDE menu to launch system-config-printer and
this GUI shows up a window with all the options except two grayed out.
One of these options is to refresh the list so the only real option
left is to conenct to a server, so I press that button.

  Next comes a dialog box for the purpose of conencting to a CUPS
server (only option) using the root account.  So I press connect.  Then
it tells me:

httpConnectionEncrypt failed

  OK, so I repeat the operation and this time check the bix for
encrytion before pressing connect.

  Same error.

  OK, so CUPS is not running.  I went back to the KDE menu and found out
a server parameter entry and a 'Services' entry, so I choose that.
Simply enough, I check boxed the cups server and launched it.

  After that the operation above went fine and moreover, detected
automagically the networked printer.  So that's great.

  My idea is: wouldn't it be more user friendly to simply launch
quietly the CUPS server in the first place if it's not running instead
of having the user find out (hopefully successfully) about server
parameters and services ?

My two cents.

Cheers.