Fedora/rawhide *postive* experience report

Hi all,
	Since there was a bit of Fedora bashing going on around here, I thought
I'd throw in a bit of praise toward the Fedora Project.  The ATI driver
project for Xorg deserves huge kudos too!
	I have a Dell system that I had installed FC6 on.  For the heck of it I
recently decided to take a chance and put it on the Rawhide track by a
simple change to the yum configuration.  The upgrade to Rawhide went
smoothly.  Since I was already running sata, the libata changes were
transparent.  It just took a bit of time to download all the packages
via yum. ;)
	Today I decided to see if 'yum install beryl' would install the 3D
window manager.  It did indeed.  I have to say, WOW!  I had removed the
proprietary ATI drivers from the system just before going to Rawhide.  I
didn't expect beryl would work as well as it does with the Open Source
drivers.  I guess things have improved without me noticing.  Very
impressive.  I hope similar strides can be made with NVidia based video.
	I also noticed that maven2 is now 'yumable.'  Since I work at a company
that is heavy into Java (and maven), this make things very easy.  I
really like the work that has been put in to integrating Java into the
package system.  Keep up the good work.
	From where I sit, things really are looking great in Fedora-land.  I
can't wait to see what the future holds.  I hope that things like the
Fedora Directory Server and Certificate Server projects eventually get
integrated.  I noticed that Fedora Rawhide installed some sort of smart
card software.  I hope this is a peek at things to come.  Now that the
desktop has been looking good, I hope better and easier directory
management and managed security comes to the Open Source and Fedora
worlds.
	What more can I say?  That extra bit of polish in each release really
does add up to a really great environment.
	Thank you Fedora Project!

				...Jeff