Re: Firefox-2.0.0.3 vs FC6?

On Thursday 22 March 2007, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>On 3/22/07, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> There is a readme.txt that point one to a web page in the download of
>> ff-2.0.0.3-tar.gz from the ff main site.
>>
>> Unforch, I cannot find an install script in the archive, nor any
>> install/update instructions on the web page.
>>
>> So how does one go about installing it on an FC6 box?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Gene
>> "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
>>  soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
>> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
>> * wichert_ imagines master without a MTA
>> <james> wichert: ehm?  that might hinder peformance of the BTS :p
>
>Would have been nice if you had check Fedora's website first. Or
>googled "firefox+2+fedora" but anyways, here you go:
>
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Firefox2

Which does not of course point to an installable rpm, the link provided is
a 404.  I also have an alpha of ff-3, but it also has no installer.

So it appears that to install it on an FC6 system, we are going to have to
write our own installer.  Or wait till FC7, at which time you might deign
to include it.  Methinks you are throwing away a valuable testing
resource, your users.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)