[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Question on running Fedora on Apple PPC]]

	-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: John Howland <jhowland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Question on running Fedora on Apple PPC]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:57:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> John,
> Do you have any advice for this person.

Well he doesn't give us much info (such as how much memory he has).
If it is just 512M (quite possible for an older machine), then
I would say memory is an issue.  You can always run top in a window
and watch what happens to paging and swapping when starting
a gui based app.  It also might relate to the video drivers being
used.  We know that the Mesa based X always works (but slowly) but
a better X driver should be used if the machine has an ATI or Nvidia
adapter.

> Aaron

John E. Howland       url: http://www.cs.trinity.edu/~jhowland/
Computer Science    email: jhowland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Trinity University  voice: (210) 999-7364
One Trinity Place     fax: (210) 999-7477
San Antonio, Texas  78212-7200
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of
each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound
to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure."
-- Albert Einstein