Re: 2.6.20 = dead mouse

<snip>
I had an interesting experience today. I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.20 and when my system came back up my mouse was deader-dan-a-doornail.
<snip>

I did some poking around and I found someone else who had the same problem and followed his solution and it cleared it up. The link is below.

In a nutshell my USB mouse moved from /dev/input/mouse0 to /dev/input/mouse1. I was able to figure out where it moved by booting to runlevel 3 and then cat /dev/input/mouse0, cat /dev/input/mouse1... and moved the mouse each time. When I saw trash on my screen I knew I hit pay dirt. I updated my xorg.conf accordingly and all is good now.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/447267-post6.html