Question on running Fedora on Apple PPC

       I don't know if anyone else here on the list is running Fedora on
their Apple machine, but I'm going to give this a shot. I have an Apple
Ibook, with a G3 processor. For the most part, I like the way Fedora
runs on it, except for one little problem, and this little problem has
actually forced me to run another distro on the machine.
        The problem is, it takes forever for programs to load when I
start them, and it takes forever for the programs to close, and when
running a program, it runs jerky, stops and goes, stops and goes.
Personally, I think I need more ram. I know that's really not alot of
info, and I know from working on PC's myself, that alot of times it's
hard to diagnose a problem without actually seeing the machine, but best
guess, does what I described sound like a memory issue to anyone?
I don't think it's the hard drive, because the other distro I'm running
on the machine runs fine. I would rather be running Fedora though, and
if most of you think the problem is what I think it is, that's simple to
fix.
   Anyway, thanks
   Jim