Re: Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0

On 3/20/07, Res <res@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:

> The facts are the facts, and your ranting about it here on this list is
> not only unwelcome, it is to the wrong messenger.  Take this BS to your
> congress-critters.  ONLY they can fix it.  This list can do without the

congress... sorry means nothing in my country ;)

I share that sentiment, but the ;) at the end of that statement does
the statement little justice.

> rant.  There are workarounds that google, legal to do so or not, will
> lead you to.  Use them.

I dont care if its unwelcome

It is human courtesy to excuse one's self if they are unwelcome.

I have been on this list since about day 2
or so of its inception

Understand, that after you reach a certain level of unwantedness,
regardless of your age with any organization, you will be no longer
useful.

and there's one thing I know, theres too many rose
coloured glasses wearing fan bois around here

That in itself is not a bad thing, fan boys tend to be the one who do
the works also.

many who love to attack
those who dare have a difference of option to theirs or Fedoras/RHs.

I believe you are misconstruing "attacking people who slander" with
"attacking those who share different opinions". While I've found the
majority of this thread to be too disgusting to follow, I do not
believe I have noticed much of the later as of yet.

I've been dealing with that type for 15 plus years on other lists and
newsgroups etc, I aint about to give in to these bully boys now just so
they can sit in there little tinny, it's rarely calm waters in
international oceans.

The Linux world needs a "Switzerland" as much as does the real world.
While you cannot begin to understand how I detest this American rule
domination, and that I detest that such a beautiful thing such as
Fedora must fall victim to it, it is what it is. And while I would
like to invite RedHat to transfer their headquarters to my country and
free Fedora to utilize existing technologies now, I do not see RedHat
accepting my offer.

Furthermore, not all of Fedora's software restrictions are from a
purely legal standpoint. Some just make sense - any distro can go with
what is easiest for users, but Fedora is taking a different road, and
doing what is best for technology - I think Windows, from an
engineering standpoint, is proof that doing what is easiest for users
is not what is best for technology.

This was not my statement, my statement is recommending people who want to
move from windows, the clueless bunnies who want a working GUI, they are
the ones that I deal with and they are the ones I no longer recommend
fedora to for this reason (they just want it to work).

Then that is purely up to you. You are the one doing the
recommendation,and you are the one setting your criteria. You are
making that decision based on aspects of Fedora which are not
negatives, just differences.

I have only one fedora box left, its an FC1, and it'll be ubuntu or
slackware soon depending on how F7 turns out, I moved all my other
desktops to slackware recently (since I only use slackware on servers as
of RH9 EOL).

That is all fine and good. I can only hope you are contributing back
in someway, you seem to be enjoying the free software.

I too have my hesitations about recommending Fedora to Linux virgins.
The fact of the matter is that the Linux virgin is not high on
Fedora's target objectives. One may argue that it should be, but that
would be a totally different argument.

And as a non-American, who shares your distaste of global Americanized
policies, I ask that you temper your self and not make us
non-Americans seem like pompous jackasses on this, a public, indexable
list.

Thank you.

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell known what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/