Re: Recipe for Li-Ion battery longevity

I'll bite.

My laptops have had excellent battery success.

I use mine whereever and whenever, but every week (usually Saturday) I
let the thing run dead, and then charge it back up to full capacity
with the machine powered off.

This, in my opinion, keeps cycling the battery and makes it last longer.

I have a 5 year old Dell Inspiron 8200 with dual batteries and they
were still rather useful. I just replaced it with an XPS M1210.

I've seen people kepe them plugged in all the time and then after
several months or a year the battery will not hold a charge of any
sort.

--
-=/>Thom