Re: Bluetooth (bluez) under Fedora-6

On 3/20/07, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am running bluez under Fedora-6
(I have installed all bluez* packages)
and want to link to my phone (a Sony-Ericsson T630)
using gnokii.
Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to set a bluetooth pin
on my computer.

When I try to connect (with "gnokii --identify")
the phone asks for the pin,
but whatever I enter on the phone
I am told there is a Passkey mismatch.

I notice that /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
came without any pin_helper entry.
I tried the following three:

        # PIN helper
        # pin_helper dbus_pin_helper;
        # pin_helper /usr/bin/bluez-pin;
        pin_helper /etc/bluetooth/feed-pin.sh

In the last case feed-pin.sh reads

#!/bin/sh
echo "PIN:0000"

and has mode 755.
I ran "sudo service bluetooth restart" after each change.
I also ran "sudo bluez-pin --dbus &".

As far as I can see a window should came up on my laptop
asking me to enter a pin, but nothing came up.

More recently, I downloaded and installed
kdebluetooth and kdebluetooth-devel from the redhat-kde site.
Unfortunately I could not find any documentation for this,
and no commands I gave seemed to have any useful effect.

Incidentally, when I ran "rpm -ql kdebluetooth"
I notices a large number of *.desktop files.
Am I right in thinking that these are potentially at least
entries in the Fedora menu?
If so, how does one add them to the menu?

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

before following this, please take note that I'm on rawhide .. some
stuff might be different

try using

security user;
dbus_pin_helper;

I had this problem 2 days ago with my new SonyEricsson k320i ... and I
couldnt find any bluez-pin etc on rawhide ... with that settings, the
bluetooth-applet will ask the pin ..

if you want to put the pin directly into the config .. try using this
in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf

security auto;
passkey "0000";

regards