Re: OO Database Problem

Jonathan Allen wrote:
Hi List,

I'm trying to create a database ...
Is something broken here - OO 2.0, FC4 ?  Or what should I be doing ?

OOo Base (>=2.0) requires Java. I'm not sure what the best approach is for FC4. You'll either need Sun's JRE, or a recent update to all the Free Java (GCJ) components. If you go the latter route, you probably need the official Fedora OOo packages. If you use Sun's Java, you can use the OO.org downloads.

Base has also progressed a lot since OOo 2.0. What you want to do should work, but I strongly recommend upgrading your OOo if you can.

<Joe