Re: kmod-madwifi--where is the update?

Temlakos schrieb:
> Why hasn't Livna pushed an update of kmod-madwifi for the latest kernel
> update? I can't run a laptop without madwifi (well, I can, but I
> wouldn't have any network access without plugging in a hard wire). I've
> waited for three days for Livna to push that update and they haven't
> done it. What goes on?

The current version doesn't build on 2.6.20. Upstream afaik promised a
new version that is compatible to 2.6.20 for yesterday -- but it's not
there yet afaik. Patches that are of a small size that make it work
would be appreciated, but maybe just waiting for 0.9.3 to come out might
be easier now.

<political>BTW, this is one of the reasons why external kernel-modules
suck.<missionaring>Prefer hardware that is supported by
in-kernel-drivers!</missionaring></political>

Cu
thl