Re: FC6 Network installation breaks at stage2.img

Ed Landaveri wrote:
Jeroen,
Try to check out what the installation log (CTRL+ALT+F3) says. I used to have the same problem with an FTP installation on the same subnet. It used to be I had to run iptables -F on my FTP server for the duration of the install and also I have to check how the ports were configured on my switch (Cisco 6500). Once I placed both to duplex auto, speed auto, the problem dissapeared and the installation continued normally. I've never done an http install before but you have to analyze if you're doing the installation on the same subnet or from a different one. Also if your installation is being perfomed over differents networks and theres a router in between, then probaby you might have to check if there's any access list and how your switch ports are configured. If your server/client are on the same subnet it could be something like the problem I had. Also if they're on the same subnet, I would try an FTP installation better is easier faster and lest prone to time outs.

Regards

Linux user number 433512
"Free as in Freedom":
http://counter.li.org

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news> in no time with theYahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut. <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news>
Thanks for the tip.
I'll go and check next monday, when I'm at the system's premises again. But the system to be installed is behind a firewall, no FTP, and only a HTTP proxy is available. I don't have access to the switches. And the only servers available are definitely on different subnets.

Regards,
Jeroen.