Re: future upgrade to Fedora 7 final

On 3/16/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> From what I understand, from response to previous similar requests
> throughout the years, yum  and anaconda upgrading from Rawhide is
> possible (like Rahul says) but discouraged and unsupported ...
Since the changes from test4 is supposed to be minimal, there is plan
discussed on the last Fedora QA meeting on "supporting" updates from
test4 to the general release of Fedora 7 to see how well this works out
in practice. Reverts to an earlier version might be handled using epochs
if they are really required.

That is good news. Treating test4 as a kind of release candidate that
a user can officially upgrade from might get more people on board to
catch last minute installation issues on bizarre hardware and reduce
the release day download surge.

/Mike