Re: M$ Project

Paul Osunero wrote:
> Yes it's true, they changed the format in Office 2007.
>
> There are converters out for docx to doc/odf but that's about it...
>

> I don't think there are any linux office apps that can open mpp files
> unfortunately...
>
> By the way, the specifications are released for the new file format.
> Look up OpenXML specs in google and you'll find it.  I don't think that
> MPP files were part of that though...
>
>From what I gather from my reading, the OpenXML specs don't give you
all the information needed. References to unpublished formats and
things of that nature. You would think that with 6000 pages, they
could cover everything needed. There were also problems with the
converters for ODF working in the last beta, but not in the release
version. M$ really does not want people to use ODF...

Mikkel