Re: a trouble with Evolution (FC6): Loading never ends

Jacques Beigbeder wrote:

~user/.evolution is 1 Gb because my user has 5 accounts: 4 POP with
gmail and so, and 1 (the failing) with IMAP on my local computer.

I see. After trying several methods I settled on IMAP for everything, because it really does free you from any dependency on the client. Except you are still dependent on a client that works ;-)

Another question: is there a roadmap to migrate from Evolution
to Thunderbird (mail archives, addressbook, calendar)?

Thunderbird just does mail and addressbook, they have sunbird

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/

for calendar. Thunderbird can eat plain text address books if you can export that from Evolution.

-Andy