iptables help

Hello all,

I catually have 2 issues.

1) I have a FedCore 5 server running and it keeps locking up at random. I believe it may be certain types of scans from the internet that are causing this issue. Can anyone recommend the best way to go about troubleshooting this issue?

2) I have an acl in IPtables that keeps disappearing after I do a reload after a lockup. I am using iptables–save but it never seems to save the line and I have to re-add manually every time. Any idea’s?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

iPass

Jerry Roy
Sr. Network Security Engineer

Engineering Support Services

+1 949-221-7208
+1 562-305-9545 m
+1 949-851-7081 fx

iPass Inc.
130 Theory Ste. 100
Irvine, CA 92617

www.ipass.com

The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited. E-mail messages are not necessarily secure. iPass Inc. does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.