RE: Info on /proc/sys/net/ipv4

O'Reilly publishes a lot of great books, including some on networking. You can get them at www.oreilly.com or at most book stores. My guess is that your problem is more to do with having the right versions of packages, like jre and whatever packages it says it needs (gcc?). The Sun web site should tell you.

Bruce

 --- On Wed 03/14, Les < hlhowell@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
From: Les [mailto: hlhowell@xxxxxxxxxxx]
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:57:54 -0700
Subject: Info on /proc/sys/net/ipv4

Hi, everyone,

I am having difficulty with some websites as well, particularly one that uses frames and multiple hosts for Java and Javascript, including links to 3rd party content.  I have followed many of the hints, but now I am ready to attempt some serious (read that as actual)troubleshooting.  To begin that process, I would like to know where to go for information regarding the /proc/sys/net/ipv4 files, how to configure them what they do, and what options there are.  Can anyone provide me a link to known reliable information, or recommend some book(s)?	I have looked at several books on firefox, and found them woefully lacking in technical content, oriented mostly for windows users, so a good reference for a firefox technical reference would be appreciated as well, specifically one that some of you good admin types found helpful.

I prefer books rather than on line.  I find that my glaucoma limits how long I can read on the computer more than via books.

Thanks,Les H