Re: delete kcore files

eng.waleed wrote:
hi
my hard is full and when I try delete from it proc/kcore
I can't
[root@MAIL ~]# rm -rf /proc/kcore
rm: cannot remove `/proc/kcore': Operation not permitted
BR
This is an imaginary file, and is read only.
The kcore represents the memory on your machine (not the hard drive)
So, if you read from it, the kernel will read what is in your memory at that time.

/proc is not he place to look to clear out files if your hard drive is full!
-B