Re: FC6 Network installation breaks at stage2.img

> I am trying to set up a system (actually a FC6 virtual Xen system on a FC6
> host) from a HTTP installation source so I selected:
> http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/fedora/6/i386/os
> and the installer starts.
> Then it comes with an error saying "Unable to retrieve
> http://ftp.nluug.nl//ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/fedora/6/i386/os/images/stage2.img

The URL is valid so my guess it's network related. How are you configuring the
interface?  I.e., statically or via DHCP? If via DHCP, try dropping into a command
shell (it's on one of the virtual consoles accessible by ALT-Fnx keys). Once at a
shell, ping the above site. If you can't get to it, try statically setting your
interface.

BTW, the installer hides lots of debug information so dropping to the error console
can probably tell you quickly what the issue is.
--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx