Re: Amarok <=> Motorola Krzr Km1

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Amarok <=> Motorola Krzr Km1
From: Paul Lemmons <paul.lemmons@xxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/13/2007 11:35 AM

-------- Original Message  --------
From: Patrick <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/13/2007 11:22 AM

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 11:00 -0700, Paul Lemmons wrote:
Has anyone had any luck using Amarok to sync music with the Motorola Krzr km1 phone?

Not sure about Amarok & syncing because I don't use that but can't you
just plug in the usb cable and copy music between your PC and the memory
card in the Motorola Krzr?

Regards,
Patrick

When I connect the phone to the computer via USB I get a beep from the phone saying it is "charging" but absolutely nothing happens on the computer side. It does not mount and nothing appears in /var/dmesg indicating any kind of connection.

So the short answer is "no". If I can get the computer to recognize it, I will probably be able to get Amarok to use it.

Replying to my own post. I tried the connection on a Windows box just to test the cable. The cable appears to be good. Windows saw the device and tried to configure for it.