Re: Curious Sunday Morning Linux File System Question ??

Tim:

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 00:38 +1300, Shams wrote:
> Luckily ssh does it well with a hidden subdirectory. Otherwise I would
> have a plethora of key files lying around in my home root.

That's still part of the original complaint, that you've got a plethora
of ~/.ssh, ~/.mozilla, and so on... directories, rather than a ~/.config
directory with the various application settings as sub-directories
inside *it*.

There's plenty of times I have to list hidden directories to find
things, and suddenly I have to wade through scads of things in my
homespace that would be better placed out of the way.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.