Unable to access resume device (LABEL=swap - hda2)

From: Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx >
Subject: Re: Unable to access resume device (LABEL=swap - hda2)
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 22:41 -0400, George Hare wrote:
> That is one of the messages I get get when I boot up. (Unable to
> access resume device)

That's your system trying to see if you'd hibernated your system (which
would dump RAM contents to the swap space, to be restored when powering
up again).  If you hadn't hibernated your system, there wouldn't be any
resuming information to find.
Sounds perfectly logical, where do you find out things like this ? Everything is on hda1 and the swap is on hda2, if that matters.

If the problems down to it not finding your swap partition because it
can't read the label it's expecing, you can use the old-style /dev/hda
mount points (How is this done?)rather than labels in your fstab file.
There was a garphical tool like Parted, can't remember, but now it is gone. Should I put my disk in to get to the partitioning section again...I know nothing about fstab stuff.
Thanks Tim,

Geoege Hare