Re: Where is my Logwatch gone?

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 00:18 -0800, oldman wrote:
>     I recently purchased a router, got it all set up most everything
> still works, but I do not get the daily logwatch message any longer on
> either my own log-in nor on root's.  I do get this spurious smart
> error message so the mail system is working, the aliases file is
> correct.
>
>     I did also change the localhost.localdomain via
> system-config-network and the smart message that I get indicates the
> hostname is the name I added.  I seem to have the same problem on FC6
> and Rawhide, so I'm pretty sure it's something I didn't know about.

How's your hostname set?  I had mine accidentally set as a
fully-qualified domain name (FQDN), rather than just a hostname, so root
mail was attempting to be sent to the wrong place.

e.g. a hostname:  "mine"
     a domainname:  "localhost.localdomain"
     a FQDN:  "mine.localhost.localdomain"

The system adds the domain name to the hostname, trying to make a fully
qualified domain name.  Incorrectly using "mine.localhost.localdomain"
as the hostname, results in an erroneous fully-qualified domain name
like:  "mine.localhost.localdomain.localhost.localdomain", which doesn't
work.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.