Re: Daylight Saving Time (DST)

Hi Jonathan,

Maybe your /etc/localtime doen't get updated.

$ zdump -v /etc/localtime | grep 2007

and you will find your DST start and end date.

Download a latest copy and simply overwite it.

On 3/11/07, Jonathan Berry <berryja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Well, after all the questions about the new DST rules on the list, I
was surprized when I booted my FC6 box today and noticed that the
clock still showed central standard time.  I am curious why this is.
First off, let me say that I dual-boot with Windows, which presents
some issues when it comes to DST.  It could be that I set some option
when installing FC6 to not change the clock for DST so that I could
let Windows keep control of the clock (though I tend to be booting
Windows less and less).  I do not see any such option in
system-config-date, though.  I did find this:
$ cat /etc/sysconfig/clock
# The ZONE parameter is only evaluated by system-config-date.
# The timezone of the system is defined by the contents of /etc/localtime.
ZONE="America/Chicago"
UTC=false
ARC=false
I am not sure what ARC is.

I am unsure whether or not I am using NTP.  chkconfig indicates that
the ntpd service should start for runlevels 3 and 5.  But
system-config-date shows NTP to be disabled.  I do not know if this
should have any effect on things.

Does anyone have any insight into this?  Is there an option at some
point to disable automatically changing the time for DST?  If so, is
there a way to change this behavior?  I could fix this a few different
ways relatively easily, but I was curious about this and thought maybe
the answer might help someone else someday :-).

Jonathan